Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Ends

 Cuties swimming on one of the first warm days in May-- the cold ended!

This next one was a big end actually.... not only the end of Emma's preschool days, but the end of ALL my kids' preschool days!  The end of 9 years of teaching preschool!  (Owen only did one year, the girls all did 2. O, M, and E all did Upstart online the year they were 4 too.) It was bittersweet for me, as most ends are.  It has been a lot of work and effort to teach preschool for my kids all those years!  (even with taking turns with other moms!) It has been easier to teach Emma since I don't have a younger child to take care of while prepping or teaching though.  But even with the difficulties, it was been a LOT of fun!  I'm SO glad I did it, it gave me a chance to really put some effort into fun activities for my own kids.  And it was good to see other kids my kids' age struggling with similar or different things than them.  They also made friends and learned how to be away from me for 1 1/2 hours a week haha. 
So here was our cute group this past year: Our neighbor Korver(a sweetheart), Kallie(Haylee's tiny 3 year old sister- I wouldn't have normally included her- she couldn't do lots of things. But Shellee was the other one teaching with me so I didn't have a choice.  And it worked out okay usually! She was very cute.) and Haylee, Emma's BFF.  and Emma!!
We made these tiny graduation caps with their handprint on top, they were hilarious!
Maris got to do dance in the Spring too!  She had a lot of fun and was good at it.  She decided not to continue taking dance classes after this, but I'm glad she got this chance to try it again.  She may want to dance again when she is older, and I feel like she at least got a little bit of a foundation for it while she was young and growing.
They just kept hugging, so cute haha.
I got to go to Katelyn's Thespian Awards Banquet!  It was a masquerade, they all dressed up and looked great.  It was fun for me to see her give out the points awards (she is the points keeper for the Thespian Troupe). Here she is up on stage with Lailani the President, calling out people's names and how many points they earned that year (for being in shows). Her friend Phoebe is walking in front.

Giving Liam his award, and standing with the rest of the new Presidency for next year: Allie, Jacob, Camille, Roslyn, Alex, Danica, Katelyn, Liam, and Lizzie.
The whole Troupe!  Such fun kids.  and Mrs. Millet their amazing and wonderful advisor!
Two more pictures of my sweet Preschool Graduate.  I love her SO much! I'm so grateful for my little buddy.

May temple trip with Katie, Abby, Lainey and Katelyn.

Last Day of SCHOOL!!!!!!! Last day of 10th, 8th, 4th and 2nd grade.  And as we would later find out, last day of all being at the same school (insert me crying!  I loved them all going to the same school) and last day of me driving them all to school, wow!!! (I drive most of them a lot still, but never Katelyn anymore!)

And last but not least, the 8th grade Dual Immersion performance: We don't Talk about Bruno!  It was amazing!! Whitney and Ellie Walquist were both Isabella, Sulice was Mirabel, everyone had parts since there's so many in the song. This was them all at the end walking/dancing around Mirabel singing their different parts, all in Spanish, it was so much fun!!

                                                    

Ellie and Whitney doing their duet, with synchronized dance moves. They did so good. 
We didn't know it yet, but it was Whitney's last hurrah with DI, and it was a good way to out with a bang!

A few last odds and ends- team swim party!
Cute Mother’s Day Pic! I love these 5 more than anything!
Cute Maris with her sidewalk chalk drawing!
Whit with Maddie and the twins on her bday
RSL game with the Team! 
A fun FHE activity about the Holy Ghost. The other kids were yelling loudly while Whitney whispered directions to Emma. 
Cutest little soccer girls!!


No comments:

Post a Comment