Thursday, March 2, 2023

Halloween

 

What an interesting Halloween!  Maris and Owen dressed up for the Halloween History Fair at school- Maris was supposed to be a viking- check!  And Owen was supposed to be something from the Civil War- Lincoln check! They had fun.  And this is Maris at the ward Halloween trunk or treat that was moved inside.

Pre- trick or treating picture with Whitney- O&K were at their Les Mis dress rehearsal! Whitney and some friends dressed as lifeguards, Maris was Hermione, and Emma--after deciding to be a dragon with the costume we already own/me buying her dragon feet slippers and dragon skin sweats to go with it- changed her mind and just wore this old pirate costume! Whatever haha.
Whitney and Maris with their cool pumpkins- the Saturday before Halloween is always nice weather for carving!!
The pumpkins all lit up, and the girls with Owen when he was finally free from the dress rehearsal! He was a storm trooper obviously.:)
Emma with her cat and moon yellow pumpkin!  And Owen with his super technical haunted house.
Carving time! Notice the Watermelon from our garden that I carved lol. 
Katelyn with her stormtrooper pumpkin!  Always a Star Wars girl at heart. She and Owen watched most of the Clone Wars series on Disney plus this summer, and have continued into the fall.  It's a fun thing for them to do together.
Also the Saturday before Halloween, I ran the Haunted Half in Provo.  I had completely forgotten that I was registered for it- I had transferred the registration from last year because of the soccer schedule!  So I found out literally 4 days before haha. Luckily I was somewhat still in shape from the Nebo Half 2 months before (where I had PR'd on that course by a few seconds), and I had been running SOME anyway! It was fun, and I did pretty good for not having trained; I took 3rd in my age group and got this sweet medal!  One of my favorite ones ever, and definitely the cutest one ever! Also I wore this Les Mis poster on my back the whole way, to try to advertise for the show! weird, I know haha. I had several people ask me about it!
On Halloween, a bunch of parents did an impromptu trunk or treat at the school for the Les Mis cast during their dinner break.  So here's Katelyn, Owen and Maris at that!
And I just had to take a picture of this hilarious cutout of Owen I made for the ward party so I could get him some candy!  It had a hole in it for the bucket handle, and I literally carried it around and got him some candy/advertised for the show. He thought it was creepy but appreciated the candy hehe.

And lastly, I was supposed to chaperone Maris' class field trip to the zoo....due to weather they cancelled it and went to the Bean Museum/dinosaur museums at BYU.  Not nearly as exciting, but it turned out fun.
Maris with her BF Kennedy and 2 other girls from her class.

No comments:

Post a Comment