Thursday, March 2, 2023

Fall Performances and Random Camera Reel

Okay, get ready for a lot of random!  But I love this about my blog, that I can record little everyday things along with the big important ones.

On that note, I went on a couple of adventure runs up by the Spanish Fork Reservoir in Sept/Oct. It was a fun challenge, I LOVE trail running! I found this magical lush green forest up there, and then got to enjoy watching it turn to fall.

I love the mountains! And it was exciting to get to go for a few afternoon runs while Emma was at school. That has always been my plan, so I'm glad I made it happen.
Owen is in Elementary Show Choir, I finally have a show choir child!  Katelyn didn't get in due to some unfair circumstances, and Whitney made it but turned it down for soccer :) so this is the first time we have done the Fall Sing! Here's Owen on the far right with the whole choir, and then same with just the Tyros- the 5th and 6th graders. They sang a pretty 2-verse song, then sang them together and there was some nice harmony.
I was the backstage chaperone one of the nights, and it was very entertaining!!  They only had 4 Elementary boys at that point (they have since recruited a couple more). Owen, Jack, Lincoln and Joel.  Jack and Lincoln are the younger brothers of Whitney's friends, and SUCH hilarious (and also good!) kids, I'm so glad Owen gets to hang out with them in choir!  Also Lincoln's mom Tenille Farr is my 4th cousin on the Schofield side, so of course he's an awesome kid haha.
more pics of the Fall Sing later.

Maris and I got to go on a date, we did a 6 mile bike ride, no sweat! And got slurpees of course- Maris's fave!  Here we are taking a shady break with my Grandma's mountain in the background.
Cute Emma drew this on the whiteboard, I Will Be What I Believe- one of the first times she tried to sound out a whole sentence by herself!  and the picture is her with a missionary? or Joseph Smith?
Then THIS is the amount of ice I chipped out of the bottom of our garage freezer with a hammer!!  It had gotten left a crack open at some point, which created a bunch of ice, which then melted down to the bottom, which then froze, blocking it from closing all the way, and this problem repeated itself over a few weeks until the freezer wasn't freezing anymore.  I discovered the problem, and luckily was just able to spent 15 minutes laying on the garage floor, reaching in under the pull-out drawers and literally whacking away with a hammer, then sweeping the chunks out. (That huge one though!!)  I'm happy to report that afterwards the freezer was as good as new. 
I did my annual "pull out all the pictures and look at them when I put the new 8 x 10's in their frame"; and this time I lined up all 5 kids' 6-ish month old picture, 18 month picture(Kate's is 12 months), 2-ish picture(Kate's is 20 months), 3-year-old picture--


4-year-old picture, and 5-year-old picture (lame upside down pic it's too late to fix!) Anyway it was fun to see how much Whitney and Maris look alike (not their coloring obviously but facial features!) Owen looks a lot like Emma sometimes and a lot like Katelyn sometimes, but Kate and Emma don't look alike!  And obviously Maris and Emma have some similarities too. And Maris and Katelyn a little! So fun how the gene mixture turned out for each of them.
And here's all of the pictures year by year. 

This was a temple trip- Me and Whitney came straight from her soccer game and joined the girls for treats :) Here's the girls from the older class who went- Katelyn, Marin, Olivia and Bella.
ALA Show Choirs performed at Spanish Fork's Harvest Moon Hurrah before the fall sing. It was fun to see Pressure from Encanto and Never Had a Friend Like Me from Aladdin.

Then this is Friend Like Me at the Show. 
And. close up of Owen in the Choir number.
crazy boys goofing off between numbers!
More of my adventure runs!  The Spanish Fork Cross-
and the Valley view from up there.
Crazy hair day star for Maris!

Katelyn performing at the Showcase before they went to Shakespeare competition- slating the ensemble piece, which was a shortened crazy version of the Summer Show Comedy of Errors.  And performing her monologue, from ___________

Proof that I take my youngest child to do kid things still!  We went to the new park in Salem. It's pretty cute. Me and Emma go to parks, the library, read stories and play in the mornings, I'm so grateful for half day kindergarten!
This whiteboard is from a Come Follow Me Lesson discussion we had a as a family.  The Old Testament was awesome!!  We are studying the scriptures almost daily and it is such a blessing to us. 
Pictures from Shakespeare Competition in Cedar City! Katelyn is upside down under the log!

All the kids after. They did really well!
Phoebe Katelyn and Sulice at a park during the trip.
2 more of the Fall Sing- so much dancing!
Owen is loving Show Choir, and improving his singing and dancing talents!

No comments:

Post a Comment