Thursday, March 2, 2023

Enchanted Forest Hike

 Okay so I guess I really can't complain about how hard it is to get my family to do things. Because here we are on another post about a super fun outdoor adventure we went on randomly one day. It might have been for Happy Murray Day in advance?? All I know is that I still have to deal with some complaining, but maybe they are starting to learn to believe me that it will be fun! Because I have to do less "talking them into it" than I used to!! :)

While we hiked, a storm was on it's way (but we did NOT get rained on this time!!), so the wind was blowing in little gusts that would pick up leaves. For most of the hike we were protected by a ridge so it wasn't very windy, but leaves were gently drifting through the air and being swirled around by the breeze--it felt so magical!!  It reminded us exactly of the enchanted forest in Frozen 2. Hence the new name for this hike!

It was really gorgeous!

The real name of the hike is the Spanish Fork Cross or Escalante Cross haha.  We made it to the top- it was everyone's first time except me, Emma and Eric! See that storm coming in??
The view looking back down the trail from the cross.
Whitney and Owen up on a high rock- they are the most adventurous! And the pretty trees at the campground on the way to the trail.


More magical forest pics!
Lovely fall picture of my cuties!!

So beautiful, I'm glad we got to do it.

Oh and here's us eating candy pumpkins on the way back down, haha.
Also just throwing this in here- me and Angie went to a really special fireside just for women, with Elder Renlund and his amazing wife-- it was so uplifting and funny and sweet. You can just see his bald head up there in front; we decided not to wait in line to shake his hand. 
And I forgot to put these on the soccer posts- Owen and Maris' teams are trying to do stats on the Ollie app.  So after each game where stats are taken, they can vote on MVP's for the game. Each of them got defensive MVP at least once during the season!  They both stopped SO many goals from getting past them to the goalie!  It's kind of funny though that all our kids have ended up playing center defense??  I mean, Eric was a goalie, and in my limited soccer experience I played defense, so they just have strong defensive instincts I guess :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment