Thursday, April 9, 2009

while we were away

Eric gave me probably the BEST surprise ever and finished a big project while we were away!  

This little hallway area in our downstairs has 4 doors, one to the toyroom, one to the family room, one to the basement, and one to the laundry room.  None of them used to have doorframes and they looked totally ghetto, but now they're beautiful!
This is my favorite, our laundry room used to have no door or frame, just an empty hole in the wall.  Now I can close this beautiful door and no one needs to see my laundry piles!
And best of all, this door to the basement used to be just a door in an unfinished wall, and Eric put up sheetrock on this and the wall to the right, finishing them and putting up the doorframe, so beautiful...    so now the basemnt is sealed off and we won't have a draft coming up anymore!  
I love not being able to see our laundry room...
He also put new baseboards on a couple of corners in the house where they were missing since the previous owners.   
To some amazing rennovating people and basement-finishers this might not seem like much, but Eric had never done any of this stuff before.  I am SO proud of him and SO  SURPRISED!!  I thought he just hung out all weekend and did nothing.  How cute that he was busily working on our house to surprise me.   I love him.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! waya to go eric! what a great husband!!! how lucky you are rebecca! it looks beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat looks Great!@!! I can't belive he's never done it before and he did it so quick. What a sweethart. I can't wait to see it real :)

    ReplyDelete