Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Play


Here's the reason why we went to California:
(Derek as a Crow, he was also an ensemble member)
(Melissa as a singing tree, a great part for a freshman.  She was also an ensemble member)
(Jonathan as a flying monkey jumping into the audience!  He was in the ensemble too.)
(Jenae, who's in 6th grade, was a munchkin!)

1. All 4 of my siblings who still live at home were in the High School Play, The Wizard of Oz.
2. Derek and Jonathan are seniors and have been in several musicals and I hadn't seen any of them.
3. When I was thinking about going, Allison decided to fly with Natalie from BOSTON and surprise everyone and just show up at home!  So then we had to go!
4. When I talked to Eric about going a couple of months ago, he wasn't thrilled about the idea, since we had just driven at Christmas and we're going again in the summer.  (He has nothing against my family :), he just does NOT enjoy making that drive.  Understandably.)  So I started thinking that maybe I could do it myself, and then it became sort of a challenge for me.  I figured I could do it if I stopped overnight and only drove 6 hours each day.  So I kept telling myself I could do it, and Eric was very supportive, and it worked!  We made it!

More pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment