Friday, April 24, 2009

fits of laughter

So I haven't laughed this hard in a while, and it was for such a dumb reason, but...
The other night we were going to bed, Eric was super tired, and we had our window open because it was nice outside.  So we were just settled in, about to nod off, and a loud aircraft of some kind flew over.  Weird.  Once again almost asleep, and a train starts blasting loudly- the tracks are a mile away but for some reason the trains always whistle about 50 times while going through our town.  Eric's getting annoyed, but finally it goes away, only to be replaced by the sounds of dogs barking.  I swear everyone here owns at least one dog.  Finally Eric stomps up and closes the window, muttering "morons and their moron dogs!"  And for some reason that struck me as SO FUNNY.  I really could not stop laughing, it just kept bursting out of me, and I was trying SO hard not to because I knew Eric wanted to sleep.  But seriously my stomach muscles kept contracting, I was shaking and trying not to laugh, he just called those dogs morons??  Wow.  It really should not have been that funny, but I'm laughing right now just remembering it!  Finally I managed to get my mind off it and go to sleep, but I almost had to leave the room and laugh for a while because I knew Eric was bugged at me now too.  So funny.
Anyone had a moment like that lately?

4 comments:

  1. none recently but years ago it was usually our kids would be bad and one of us would be mad (usually me) and wade would find it funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I can just imagine Eric saying it and you busting up laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I also laughed when I read your story. I'm still laughing! Something about it being so random that makes it so funny. But I hope you guys get better sleep at night and that your neighborhood quiets-down... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I get a good laugh like that! Your girls are so cute. We're not sure when we're leaving but we'd love to get together with y'all again! Let us know if you're ever this way or maybe we can meet in Provo sometime? Last time we saw you it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete