Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Peace out 2020!

 As we zoom towards the end here, we have: A cooking frenzy, 17th Anniversary, New Years Eve, and a few forgotten items, coming right up!

The skiers took advantage of Christmas Break to go skiing again of course, their 5th time I believe? Since November.


And here comes the cooking frenzy. With all those new cookbooks and plenty of time on our hands, we went a little crazy!!  This first one is mine, it looks weird maybe but it's Massaman (Thai) Curry, and it's DELICIOUS.  All the kids even like it!! One of my goals this year is to make 50 new meals.  Approximately one a week, but I can take a break, double up, etc. when I need to. Anyway this was the first one.

Emma REALLY got into the cooking, here she is with pizzas and a version of macaroni and cheese. Only 2 of the MANY things she has convinced me to let her make.

Maris making cupcakes and Owen making....I can't even remember what!!

Whitney doing one of her MANY lunch experiments- she cooks herself lunch every single day she is home to do so.
And Katelyn can usually only be convinced to make treats, but here she is helping with homemade tortillas.

We took our Barnes and Noble gift cards to be spent while they were out of school:

And here's something I left out of the summer posts: 
The Reading Challenge: (which once again I didn't even come close to finishing, waahhh! Maybe when all my kids can read on their own I will have time for it. But all the kids finished.)
The Exercise Challenge: (which everyone except Katelyn finished)

And new this year, the Positive Ways to Spend Time Challenge haha!  It was great I thought, but 2 hours was a little long for some of the items.  The kids requested that next time I have it be like the exercise challenge and just do one hour per item. We'll see.... I am especially grateful for the Mental/Emotional Health one, because I got to read some good books with my kids and talk about healthy ways to manage emotions.
And here's my Virtual Boston Map that I forgot to include in an earlier post.
Eric and I got to go on a 1-night getaway for our 17th Anniversary, and we had some delicious food!  Shabu Shabu and really cool ice cream rolled tacos. It was a relaxing 24 hours.


And then it was New Years!  We did some fireworks outside and I captured this pic of my beautiful tree I spent 2.5 hours stringing lights on.  Next year I want to do 2 trees!

I got the girls matching pajamas for New Years, and Owen a calendar.
Emma stayed up until about 9:30
and Maris made it to Midnight for the first time!  She had SO much fun playing games and felt SO cool to be included.

Lastly, for a Christmas present, Maris got her ears pierced!!  It hurt more than her sisters had assured her it wouldn't, but she was brave. Here's the before:
and After!  It's way cute. She had been begging for a while, so we made a deal that if she would stop scratching/rubbing her nostrils so red and dry, she could show she was mature enough to take care of pierced ears.  And she did great!  With her nose and now with her ears.

And actually lastly, Emma had her first day of what would have been Sunbeams! She is adorable and has been enjoying "home primary" since last March, but it's just not the same and I wish she could go to real Primary.  She would love it.  But as it is, she has gotten really good at raising her hand to give answers, in our lessons and even at the dinner table. :)  I made her an I am a child of God crown like they do for the Sunbeams and she proudly wore it all day but I didn't get a picture.

And that's a wrap!  What a year!  On we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment