Monday, January 4, 2021

Fall Sports ⚽️

Actually this was a summer volleyball camp, but I missed the pics earlier.  Whitney and maris did it and had a great time.  Maris officially wants to be a volleyball player now!!

And finally it was soccer season at last for Owen and Maris, it had been almost a year! since they didn't get to play in the Spring!  Owen did awesome!!  He improved his skills and showed that he does have soccer talent.  He mostly wanted to play defense, but we encouraged him to play mid and forward too.  And he did well!  He even scored a goal.
Here's his cute team after their last game, they played 6 on 6 with no subs!  It seemed like half the season they had no subs, but it can be fun that way once you're in shape enough to run that long haha. It was extra fun for Owen to play on a team with the 2 boys in front of him, Hunter and Ollie, his friends in our neighborhood.  The girl next to him, Tinley, had been on his team before, she is awesome.
Maris was so cute and started to learn the game a little more.  on the left she is going for the ball on defense, and on the right she just picked it up as the goalie.
And here's her cute team of 1st and 2nd graders that Eric and I coached.  I ended up coaching half the games because of conflicts!  Cute kids.  Maris is 3rd from the left.  And on the far left is her friend Audrey in our ward.

More of Maris with the ball.


Also Maris lost her first tooth, and literally lost it!  She got into the car after school and I said, "did your tooth come out??" and she said "what???!!?" and looked in the mirror.  She had no idea! The best part is, she found it the next day on the floor in her classroom!!  And it was hilarious Owen was like, "what if that's not HER tooth?"  We laughed about that.
I got to do a really cool thing- hike Timp (again! I didn't get enough the first time!) with my friend Marcie on a school day!! And her friend Britney too.  Here's one of the views of the hills changing color.
We saw a ton of mountain goats!

And made it to the top in only 3 hours.  And down in only 2 1/2. We ran whenever it wasn't too steep or ankle-twistingly rocky.  So 3 hours total faster than I did in August.
Here's me with the backside,
and some goats,
and the 3 of us on top.

More soccer!  Owen in the yellow jersey playing goalie, he did great! and on the right playing tough defense against a super tall older girl who could have probably played on Whitney's team!  It's a 3-4th grade league so he was one of the younger players but held his own.

Oh and a couple of pics I missed from Katelyn's summer play.  She ended up being in the B cast as well, because that girl dropped out. Here she is being sassy.


More of Owen playing defense,
Eric out on the field behind Maris (he is so cute coaching), and her doing her signature jump kick haha.

When the Boston Marathon was postponed to September, I kept training for it.  And then in August they decided to cancel it and offer a virtual option.  I was so disappointed, but not surprised at that point since everything else in the world was cancelled this year!
After some thought I decided to do the virtual option.  I had trained for a year already for this marathon, so I might as well do it.  It was actually pretty fun mapping out a course for myself and practicing the tricky parts on other runs.  I ended up starting up Hobble Creek Canyon, then running along the Mapleton trail, catching the Spanish Fork River Trail, and then going home.  Marcie ran the first half with me, it was so fun and I was so grateful to not do the whole thing alone!
It was a beautiful morning in September!
I wore a printed-out race bib and had dropped off water and gatorade the day before.

I'll never forget turning a corner at mile 24 and seeing my kids coming toward me on scooters!  Eric brought them to cheer for me and ride with me for a mile.  It was SUCH a sweet surprise!!  I almost cried but I was too tired and focused, I was so close to finishing!!
This was us at the finish, just inside our neighborhood, they followed me home cheering to the end.
I did it in 3:40, but actually had a watch malfunction at the beginning, so with Marcie's help I figured out it was really 3:37.  Not the best ever but really great for a course that wasn't super downhill, with no other racers and not normal water stops!!  I was really happy I did it that fast. 

last soccer pics- maris in goal hanging out and on the right, making a save.
This was funny, Eric had to tie SO MANY shoes during the games!  So I snapped a picture of this one.
Cute picture Eric took of the girls hanging on his legs right when he got home.
And one time everyone was just sitting around reading on a Saturday, so of course I took a picture!
And Eric took this pic of us doing a puzzle during family home evening.
We had a great, busy fall!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment