Saturday, January 2, 2021

Lagoon- I was RIGHT!!

Usually we go to Lagoon every summer for LEI's summer party.  But they decided not to do it this year, and the kids were so bummed!  Eric was kind of happy to not have to go, he hates crowds and was more worried about COVID than me.  But I BEGGED him to go, I knew the kids needed something normal and fun and exciting after so much was cancelled this year.  Lagoon was still open, and looked to be extra fun since it was at half capacity.
In the end Eric agreed that we could go, and it was SO MUCH FUN! 
The biggest surprise was that Maris turned into the 6-year-old daredevil, adrenaline junkie!!  She rode every roller coaster she was tall enough for (which was everything except Cannibal!) and had this exact huge smile on her face every time!  She ended every ride jumping up and down and yelling about how fun it was. So cute.
Meanwhile Emma had no interest in testing the speed limits.  Katelyn was nice enough to go on lots of rides with the littles, so I only went on a couple!

Emma said to me "that's not the bathroom, that's the place where you have to walk in like THIS" and turned her feet inward, it was so funny!
The park ended up being FABULOUS in half-capacity, it was SO fun to hardly wait for anything.  We went on like 28 rides!  We were only limited by how fast we could walk from one to the next, and how queasy we got haha. We went on rattlesnake rapids for the very first time!  The line for that was usually like 2 hours long but Eric and I each waited 10 minutes and took the older kids while Emma napped in the stroller.
I got to take Maris and Owen on Wicked, they were so brave!!
And I got these pics on the swings.

Emma and Maris were cute and matching.
Emma and I did the caterpillar ride together.
And Emma loved this jeep ride with Katelyn and Owen multiple times.  Like really 5 times!
We even went swimming for a while too!  It was a really great day, I knew it would be awesome and I was right. Haha!
Peace out summer, yay Lagoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment