Monday, December 1, 2008

Top Ten Reasons Why Our Thanksgiving in Maui was AWESOME!!! #10

So--we just got back from a week in Maui, Hawaii! Eric's wonderful parents took us and his siblings there for an amazing vacation...mmm I can still feel the warm sun on me if I close my eyes... anyway I'll be posting our top ten countdown of our favorite things about the trip over the next couple of days. I have also considered posting the top 10 reasons to NOT take your small children on a vacation to Hawaii, especially if they are deathly afraid of the ocean and scream if they even see it. Just kidding :), well not about the afraid of the ocean part. :( Katelyn had her moments but it was mostly really really fun, the chance of a lifetime!! Anyway here's our #10.....
The Aquarium!!
We loved the Maui Ocean Center. Katelyn was really interested in tank after tank of fish, and kept commenting on all the things they were doing- hiding, sleeping, eating, waving to her. Here we are in the best part, the tunnel where there's water and fish all around you and you feel like you're under the water with them! Whitney's smiling at Eric of course.

Whitney in front of the shark tank.

Katelyn saying "cheese", more like "chayze" in front of the awesome turtles.

I love this one, we kept trying to get them to look at the camera but they were too interested in the sharks and stingrays behind them and neither one of them would look at us, so funny.

Tons of colorful fish- you can't really tell. Eric and Katelyn stood in front of this one for a while.
Oh yeah, and we saw the sharks getting fed, so if you ask Katelyn what a shark eats she says "octopohss", we don't know where that pronunciation came from, so cute.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm jealous!! We went to Hawaii on our Honeymoon and have wanted to go back ever since. I totally hear ya on the "I can still feel the warm sun if I close my eyes." Its been almost 4 years and I can still feel it... Oh Hawaii is so nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I bet it was hard to come back to cold Utah after that! What beautiful scenery. Glad you guys had a good time. :-)

    ReplyDelete