Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Christmas Season

What a wonderful Christmas season we are having!!! Katelyn "gets it" this year and we've had so much fun with our advent calendars, Christmas stories, nativity sets, and Christmas songs! Here she is decorating our tree.
Here she is decorating Whitney. We can't wait to dress up and act out the Christmas story!

Some pictures of our decorations, mostly for my mom and Allison's benefit. :)

After much thought I decided to hang our stockings here since we don't have a fireplace. I like it.
Katelyn has been so cute playing with the nativity sets we have, there are two that are kid-proof. I found this the other day, we had built this house for her cars earlier but when she was taking a nap I found it had been turned into the stable.


This shepherd and wise man were outside, I think they were riding a "camel" and a "donkey".

Katelyn keeps telling me that I'm the angel and Eric's Joseph, and a shepherd and a wise man. She's Mary and Whitney's the baby Jesus. She spent a whole day calling Whitney "he" and "him" and trying to wrap her up and put her "in the manger". Obviously Whitney got a little tired of it, and now Kate uses dolls, animals or cars for the baby Jesus. Oh and the other day Eric was getting on Katelyn's pajamas and I was feeding Whitney in the family room. They came down and Eric started arranging pillows and blankets in a certain way, and Kate was obviously excited about it. I just waited to see what would happen, and after a minute Katelyn said "okay dad, now can you put me in the manger??" and he laid her in the "manger " he had just made. So funny.
Also, our ward had a nativity scene at the ward party, and my friend Melanie and her husband and baby boy were the holy family, it was so cute. A lady sang O Holy Night in the background, and Katelyn LOVED it. They had an angel come to shepherds, and wise men came, and as I pointed out each thing Katelyn kept smiling and just watching carefully- we had told the story many times and she loved seeing it in person! It was so cute and almost made me cry. I'm so happy that she loves the story of the Christ child better than any Santa story or anything. Although she is excited about Santa. :)
We had a few inches of snow last weekend, so we busted out the present Whitney's giving to Katelyn and let her try it out. :) Eric was so excited, I couldn't say no. :) Here's cute Whitney getting a little ride from dad inside.

And here's katelyn's first sled experience! She liked it until she fell off the first time. Then she just wanted to run around and make "trails".

We are also loving making and taking treats to our friends (someday when our kids will sing with us we'll carol-- Kate knows like 10 Christmas songs but she refuses to perform!) listening to Christmas music, planning secret presents, and putting christmas lights on our HOUSE! So fun.

4 comments:

  1. Oh the lights! I just love my string of lights and get compliments on them all the time. I want to make more! Your house looks really cute. I love the picture with Whitney on the sled. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebecca, I saw your comment on Gina's blog and we will be in Utah the same time you are here. I think Gina will also be in Utah. Kinda stinks huh?!? Maybe next time. It seems like Whitney is such a good baby. Is she always happy like that? I can't wait until Bailey is old enough to know about Christmas, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you guys are having the time of your lives!! love every minute! i miss you! merry christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude Katelyn is SO FUNNY! haha i love how playful she and eric are its so cute. Way to go for posting about your adorable family!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete