Thursday, December 18, 2008

In trouble

Yesterday I was doing dishes and Katelyn came down the stairs saying "Merry Christmas" and carrying a wrapped up blanket. She gave me my "present" which she said was oranges, and I was appropriately excited and ate some delicious oranges. I thanked her and turned back to my dishes. A couple of minutes later I heard her little voice saying "please mom, please can you go to sleep?" (side note: this is one of her favorite things to do lately, mostly to Eric. :) She tucks him in and tells him a story, sings him a song, kisses him goodnight and turns off the light and leaves. It's hilarious. One day after a minute in the dark he was like "kate can I come out?" and she said "in a half an hour!") Anyway, back to the story, I said "sorry honey, I have to finish my chores before I can play." And she said "well, I guess I'm going to have to take away your oranges" I was like "what?" and she said "I'm very sorry." At this point I was on the verge of busting up laughing, and then she said "you can have them back after you go to sleep." and picked up the "oranges" from off the counter. I was just dying! She was punishing me! SO funny. I laughed for a couple of minutes and hugged her and said I would work for five more minutes and then play. We ended up playing "Christmas Eve" several times, she'd put me to bed and wake me up for Christmas and I would go down and open my oranges present. Fun fun.

Also yesterday Katelyn asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said "a kiss from Katelyn." She said "no, that's not a good idea, they don't sell kisses at Wal-Mart!"
Apparently Wal-Mart has everything you could ever want for Christmas. She ended up telling me I wanted a Thomas. Of course. :)

6 comments:

  1. Your Katelyn is so funny! Where does she get that personality from? Aren't you so excited to see what the future holds. Adorable girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute family!! Kids are too cute, aren't they!?! Have a fantastic Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a hilarious story! She sounds so excited for Christmas. Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that is so funny Katelyn is hilarious! i can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is awesome! just goes to show that you are an awesome mom!! keep it up sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're always listening and learning, hu?

    ReplyDelete