Wednesday, January 3, 2024

All my dreams come true❤️❤️❤️

 It took me almost 22 years to get back, but I finally made it. To this beautiful place that was a foundation of my testimony-- of Joseph Smith as a prophet, of the Book of Mormon and the restored Church, but also a foundation of my testimony that God loves me and is aware of me.  That I have a Savior who is there to ease my burdens. That I can choose faith over fear.  All of these truths were tested in Nauvoo in 2001- and came through burning stronger than ever.  If I could have just seen at the time, the beautiful family I would be bringing 20+ years later!

I thought I would cry when we drove into town and got our first glimpse of the temple, but I didn't.  I was just radiantly happy! We went straight to the temple and got to watch the sunset over the Mississippi from that vantage point.

 This memorial now stands where the JSA used to be- where I lived for 4 super hard/super amazing months. And here's the Illinois sign from earlier that day.

Cute Owen,  and here are my favorite people in one of my favorite places!

bigger view of the temple, and the view of the temple from the bathroom window of our airbnb.

And Eric!  I used to walk around the temple (it was under construction when I was there) and dream about coming back there with him someday. And that night all of my dreams came true!!!

Yay!!!!

Cuties at Sunset, and Whitney enjoying a photo shoot by the magnolia tree in the Flats.

A picture of a plaque that showed the Blue Cheese company....and the JSA in the background! aka an old catholic school the church bought and used as the Joseph Smith Academy from 1998-2005?

We took a few pretty portraits during the weekend in Nauvoo.  Me and my Love by the river, and cutie Emma.

standing on the approximate spot of me and Jessica Tuckett's room at the Academy :)
Love the view of the temple from the Flats!
Me and Maris on a run in the statue garden- by the mother/daughter statue, so sweet.
Early morning temple run.
I took lots of happy selfies.
More river portraits. Grown up Kate and a little boy with his slingshot!
Maris playing with sticks and Whitney loving the sunset.

Temple pic of us all, and Owen enjoying the river.
Just the kids.  I am SO grateful I got to take them there!!!
2 random pics I forgot in older posts, haha.

And here's the man who has been making my dreams come true for 20 years. But seriously this was the biggest one since marrying him and having our 5 kids.  I told him he never needs to get me another present, seriously!  This was all I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment