Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First Date

Eric and Katelyn went on their first daddy-daughter date last Friday!! Eric's been excited to do this since before Katelyn was born. They had gone to the park before a few times just the two of them, but this was their first official date, and we all looked forward to it all week! Obviously I wasn't there but I heard it was great- they went bowling and then got Frosty's at Wendy's and then stopped at WalMart to get a couple of things we needed and look at the toys (Katelyn's current favorite thing to do! Luckily she never begs for anything, she's happy just to enjoy looking!). I guess she liked her bowling shoes and kept shouting "go down pins, go down!" The cutest for me was just seeing how excited they were when they left and how happy they were when they got back. Eric's the best dad, and I just love him for it. So they'll be doing this occasionally-- we just have to make sure she doesn't get to go on more dates with Eric than I do :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great tradition! I hope that Jeff wants to do the same. I mean, I need to have a girl first, but I think Daddy-daughter dates are the best! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cool! i hope kent and natalie can do this sometime soon as well. and i totally agree that you should get to date your husband more than your daughter does =o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! But I agree that you and Eric should have more dates than Katelyn and Eric.

    ReplyDelete