Wednesday, October 29, 2008

projects

Okay, so I have a lot to post today. First here's a couple of projects I've been working on.

Food Storage!! We decided to use some savings and buy our year's supply of the basic basics. It would have taken me 8 shifts at the cannery to can it all, and I wouldn't be able to get in for a shift for weeks, so we decided to just buy in bulk and do buckets. Here are our first ones!
I made me and Whitney's stockings!! to match the ones I made previously for Katelyn and Eric. Yes it should say Mom and Dad, but I didn't think of that until I had already made Eric's. :)

And Mary gave me the idea for this cute Halloween decoration- pictures of Kate's previous costumes! I can add to it every year with new pictures/frames. Awesome and easy.

Next up are my "candy" Christmas lights and the quiet book I've been "working on" for over a year now, we'll see if I finish it in time for Christmas...

4 comments:

  1. Mine and Taylor's stockings say our names instead of Mom and Dad. I think it's totally fine! They are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go rebecca! that is a lot of work for a mom of two so don't get discouraged you are doing great! i too had the idea of using past pictures as decorations. i mean, when else are you going to look at those things? i have a frame for every holiday that i collect last year and put in a picture of the year before that each time i got one does that make sense? now as the holidays rotate through this time i get to put in the picture from last year and remember the time two years ago. fun fun. oh and the stockings are awesome! maybe you could sew mom and dad on the opposite side???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Halloween frame idea... maybe I'll have to start one for Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to work on your food storage! am VERY impressed. Lokk at you accomplishing so many things. Your two girls are absolutely the cutest. I loved all of the updates and pictues - keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete