Saturday, October 11, 2008

general conference

Just wanted to mention that General Conference was wonderful. I think I actually liked Saturday better than Sunday though! One thing that really hit me was when President Monson said that if we Pray in Faith, the nations now closed to the gospel will be opened just like when President Benson told the Saints to pray and the communist nations would be opened. To me it was a powerful prophetic promise.

There were many talks that I needed to hear, but probably my favorite was Elder Bednar's about prayer. I was REALLY impressed with the idea "Morning prayer is the spiritual creation of the day, before the actual physical accomplishment of it" and he really made me think about couselling with the Lord in ALL my doings-- many times I have thought through the events of my upcoming day and decided there wasn't much worth praying about. I still prayed, but it was been very exciting for me to realize that I can and should counsel more with the Lord in things that seem routine- you never know what kind fo help you can get until you ask for it! I've had a great week this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment