Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kate quotes

Eric: Let's take you over to the stove, I mean the sink, and wash you off.
Kate: No Dad, you're not gonna cook me!

(watching a nature show about baby tigers and they went to play in a river)
Kate: Look, they're going swimming! But they forgot their swimming diapers!

"Look Mom, there's your red deodorant, you can put it in your shoulder!"

(when she wanted to go with me somewhere)
"no mom, you don't want to go by yourself, that's not a good idea!"

"I'm talking Whitney's head off!"

(I promise she really does say most things with exclamation points!)

(totally randomly at dinner)
"did you know, Mom? Heavenly Father made grass?

(During Whitney's first time eating rice cereal)
Me: Katelyn, what's Whitney doing??
Kate: she's spitting out that ice cream.

And lastly, she has this habit of repeating herself over and over again with no break until you respond. It can be a little irritating, but as long as you're in the same room with her it's not a problem- you can answer her before she repeats herself more than about 3 times. But the other day I was upstairs and she was down in the toy room and I could hear her saying "where's that coming from? where's that coming from? where's that coming from?" I couldn't go immediately to her, so I started counting as I heard her coming up the stairs to me, and she said it 13 times before I could talk to her and try to provide an answer. (she heard some overalls clinking in the dryer) Later we had another problem with "where did you put it? where did you put it?" it only took 9 times before I found the missing object and called down to her. I'm going to keep counting, it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment