Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Frozen Jr ❤️

 We were thrilled to find out that our wonderful ALA Drama teacher was doing a theater camp for younger kids this summer.  We don't have time for it during the school year so much, but put on a play in one week in the summer??  Yes Please!  Owen, Maris, and Emma were all excited to do Frozen Jr. 

 Here's Maris enjoying singing in the ensemble. She's in the pink skirt, and in the middle 2nd row with the blue troll hair. 

All 3 kids loved being int he show, but maybe Emma most of all!  She is kind of an attention-seeking personality haha. She's living her best dancing-green-haired-troll-life in the front row of these pictures.

You can see Emma and Maris in this one, singing strong!

More Emma dancing in the front (with Anna, Olaf and Kristoff behind her), and Maris and Owen right before the Finale. Have I mentioned his part yet?? Owen surprised us all and was cast as Prince Hans!!  I mean we knew he was good enough for the part, but it was so exciting that he could get it as an 11 year old!  (The play was for age 7-15, but they didn't have many kids older than Owen.) I think we are used to Katelyn being in Theater; there are so many girls that it's SO competitive. So yay for Owen, I told him- this can be your future if you want it! He can sing, he can act, he can learn to dance....he can be a star if theater is what he chooses!

You can see Emma here during Olaf's song, but I think Maris is behind Olaf. And then we have the so-cute dancing by Emma in the back (and you can see the back of Maris) during the ball.
The moment when the audience discovered Owen's talent!  He comes onstage, playing opposite a (thankfully short) 15-year-old (K & W's friend Maddie MacLaughlin LOL), says a line, and I'm sure people could tell how young he was!  But then-- he started to sing. "I've been searchin my whole life to find my own place..." and after the first harmony line with Anna I heard the guy behind me say "Okay", like "oh I see why you were cast in this role" and I almost burst with pride!  Eric and I and katelyn and Whitney were just grinning the whole time he was on stage.  

More cute Maris and Emma acting during the snowman song- front row 2nd and 4th from the left. And Maris smiling while she danced with a boy.
Owen with his script- all marked up because he had so many lines and solos!  And all 3 kids ready to go for their first performance.


Owen dancing and singing with Maddie!

More dancing, and proposing!!
Emma saying her one line, she was happy she got to say it to Owen.  (Maris had one line as well!) And Owen turning evil!! He enjoyed that part actually :) and it was fun but a little disturbing for us to see him do it so well haha!
Look at these cuties. Theater buddies.  They looked after each other at the camp, it was cute.  I'm just happy they all were happy! They all want to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment