Tuesday, August 11, 2015

All the Small Things

Besides the big stuff, our summer has been full of a lot of other fun experiences such as:
mini-golf. Katelyn finally learned how to putt really well!  Owen especially loved it.
lots of wrestling.  Maris discovered how fun it is and begs Eric to wrestle her every day.
Sometimes the wrestling gets a little out of control!
Katelyn's hilarious taste-testing science experiments!
Eric got me THIS for my birthday!!  I have been wanting one of these since 2008!!
We finally have a shed to put it in.  And now I need to get busy and train for a triathlon again!
I finally decorated the playhouse!  This summer has been so busy and fun, I have had NO time for crafts because I don't have a nap time where I'm free of kids for an hour or two. :)


I bought myself, with my birthday money from Eric's parents, a little kayak!!  I can barely go in it without sinking, I am right at the weight limit. :)  But the kids love it!!

I was so happy that even Owen can paddle it!
Eric's hammock has also been a hit with the kids anytime we go somewhere with big trees.
Maris' hair is long enough for me to try some fun hairdos!  I have to do something with it to keep it out of her eyes.
Owen is finally potty trained, can I get a hallelujah!?! Once I finally decided to be consistent about having "potty time" every day, it only took a few days for him to get it!  Oh and the Avengers stickers and underwear helped. :)
I finished nursing Maris about mid-july. :(  So bittersweet.  This picture was on her last night of nursing after I put her in bed.  I wasn't too sad though, and she did fine.  We were both ready I guess. 
Katelyn's cool layered sandcastle she made at the Springville Reservoir-- we have played in sand A LOT!
Whitney has been in karate this summer and LOVES it!  Here she is during her test for her white-green belt, sparring with her instructor.
and here she is getting her belt!  So fun, but expensive.  she's going to quit soon and maybe do it again next summer.
Cousin time!!  We are loving this new life.  We hung out on Pioneer Day and went to the Spanish Fork parade.
and then went to Salem Pond.
These two cuties played, 
The kids enjoyed the kayak, and we adults (me and Eric, Allison and Kent, and Allison and Jonathan, who went first!!) took turns proving our bravery by swimming across the pond!
We had a super fun bridal shower at Allison's house, she is the best hostess!!  We are SO EXCITED for Melissa and Karl's wedding coming up!  And we just love Raycelan, she is so fun and wonderful.
Brenna and her family stayed the night with us on their way home to Colorado from a big trip, and it was SO fun to hang out.
Maris is looking a lot like my baby picture, right?  At least the hair color!  This is both of us at 13 months.  She can say Mom, Dad, shoes, cheese, dog, GO!, and she sometimes says cat, Owen, Kate, hi, bah for bye, and she's trying out a few other words.

Also I got to spend a few hours with my cousin Tiffany and her kids, it was so great to talk to her!  Before last October, I hadn't seen her in at least 5 years, so it was super fun to reconnect.

Life is good, not perfect obviously, but still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment