Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Crazy Sleeper Owen

Alright so this post has been in the works for a while!  
It came about because my girls both had a favorite sleeping position when they were babies.  
Katelyn's was on her tummy with her knees up under her and her bum in the air.  For YEARS she slept like that!  And Whitney's was on her back with her hands behind her (big ol') head, at least until she was close to 2 years old.
Owen, however, has not chosen a favorite position.  
I know this because he is in a different position every time I check on him, 
and also because we finally broke down and got a (hand-me-down) pack-n-play so he could have somewhere to sleep when we camp or vacation, since he CANNOT go to sleep unless he is confined in some way!!
So for the last few weeks I have been taking pictures of him while he sleeps whevever I see him in a totally different position than I already have recorded.
So we have:
bum up on blankets

 The one leg tuck
 the back sprawl
 side curl
 twisted!
 the tummy sprawl

scrunched up in the corner

And I saved my 2 favorites for last:

the back bend

and the feet-through-the bars!
 He's adorable.  And he's going to be in that crib for a while- he would fall right out of a regular bed every five minutes!

I couldn't do a sleeping post without showing my girls.  They are so sweet when they're sleeping.
Whit hardly ever sleeps with blankets, and she sometimes ends up sideways on the bed.  She still sleeps with her piggy sometimes.
 And Katelyn sleeps like this now, ALWAYS.  On her back, with the blanket pulled up to her chin, even when it's hot!  
I love my cute kids, especially when they're sleeping haha!

1 comment:

  1. I love it I should take pictures of my kids as well. Lydia and Ryder are both like Owen both all over the place!! Lydia falls out of beds at night if there is no rail.

    ReplyDelete