Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Last Summer Post (*sniff*sniff)

Well actually I still have to post about our Labor Day Camping trip, which is kind of summer-y.  But since my NEXT post will be a Back-to-School one,  and it is now SEPTEMBER.... yeah. 

Anyway.  We went to Lagoon for an evening with Eric's family, good times!!  
 But we discovered Katelyn doesn't like big roller coasters, not surprisingly.  This drop ride with Kurtis was about all she could handle.
 So she happily went on all the little kid rides with Owen and Whitney!
 Owen loved this boat ride!  and he cried at the end of every ride he went on when he had to get off!
Whitney went on every roller coaster she was tall enough for. :)  And Eric and I got to go on Wicked- it was awesome!  I mean it's no Six Flags, but it was a good one!  I LOVE roller coasters and I hadn't been on one in a couple of years.
 I love this picture I took of Owen and Cleo while we were waiting one time, it looks like they are caged haha.


And I wanted to finish my summer posts with these swimming pics- 
We officially have 2 little swimmers in our family!
Katelyn's motto seems to be "slow and steady", so she often doesn't kick or stroke fast enough to keep from sinking!  But I'm confident that if she fell in a pool she wouldn't drown- she could get out. I just need to find a way to bribe her to try swimming all the way across the pool to increase her speed and stamina.
 Whitney has suddenly jumped ahead in her swimming ability- a week in Hawaii helped!  She's afraid to go deep (she wanted to stay by the steps), but she can swim at least as fast as Katelyn, even if her form isn't as correct!
 I'm really proud of how far she's come this summer.
 still going...
 She made it across the step area :) and there goes Kate in the background.
Yay for swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment