Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer Dance

Katelyn and Whitney did the city dance class again this summer and LOVED it.  For once I also loved it, because they got a new teacher and she is AWESOME.  She is strict, but that meant the rowdy girls were whipped into shape so my obedient girls (okay, relatively obedient!) could actually learn something.  The old teacher was a good dancer and super nice and cute with the girls, but this teacher actually knows how to TEACH real dance techniques and moves and whatever.  And when she would tell them at the end of rehearsal that she was proud of them and that they did a good job, you could see the girls straighten up proudly like "yes, I am pretty good at this." It was cute and I wish I was that kind of a teacher!
Anyway the only thing that was bad about the whole experience for me was at their performance we couldn't see Whitney! A couple of older girls stood in the wrong spot (they were supposed to be in the back, obviously!) and the teacher was trying to get them to move but the music started and so our little girl wasn't always visible.  So annoying.  But I decided to post this video anyway of their dance- Whit is towards the left and Kate is towards the middle, visibly chewing gum. :)
And here are the pictures I took of them before we left for the show.


1 comment: