Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Maui Tacos

I can't believe I forgot to post about one of our favorite things we discovered in Hawaii- 
It was our last night there, like we were leaving for the airport in about 2 hours.  The kids stayed with the grandparents while Eric and I went out to eat real quick in Kihei.  We found this semi-dumpy looking place and decided to try it after the Thai place around the corner smelled gross.  
We went in and decided to try fish tacos, which neither of us had ever had before, and it was the 
BEST DECISION EVER.


These tacos were the BEST I've ever had, by far!  And I lived in Mexico people, I have had some great tacos!  But the tortillas were amazing, the fish with the sauce and lettuce and the salsa- mmmmmmm!  They had a salsa bar with 12 different delicious salsas to try, my favorites were the pineapple (SO good on the fish!) and the tomatillo.  I wish I had taken a picture of us enjoying one of the most delicious things we've ever eaten in our lives, but we were too busy stuffing our faces!  Seriously after the first bite we looked at each other and were like "WOW!" and after each succeeding bite we just kept exclaiming "Holy cow" "Oh my GOSH" and so on.  
 So anyway, if you're ever in Maui, they have several stores and you have GOT to go.  You will not be disappointed!  Anybody know where to get good fish tacos on the mainland?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment