Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Summer Shakespeare and More

Random happenings from July. I ran the Hobbler Half and blew away my PR!!  It was so fun!  I credit the 12 year old boys from the running club that I had been doing speedwork with, I was in the best speed-shape I have been since coaching at Provo High. I was pretty proud of a new Half Marathon PR at age almost 39.    1:35!!
We got to go to the pond with the Cravens while they were up here for the 4th of July.  It's always a fun time with the cute Cravens!!

WHITNEY GOT HER BRACES OFF!! Woo hoo!! Before and after.

Katelyn wore a wig for the play- Richard III. So I did her hair like this for a solid week (every couple of days) for the dress rehearsal and shows!
Emma and Maris sewed with the pedal for the first time!  Owen also made a bag mostly on his own.

Richard III was pretty great!  It was set in the 20's, with all it's speakeasy mobster charm.  The set was awesome and the audience seating was right there on the stage.  In the first act, Katelyn was a hit-woman for one of the feuding families. Here she is on the left in her black bob wig in a scripted fight with her friend Liam. She had to slam his head on a table! And on the right she is backing up the leading lady in a tense situation.

Here's her in another scene, and then on the right, just before she gets killed by Richard.

With sisters after the show in her Act 2 costume- more later.
Kate, Whitney and I went to a "test sketch" show for Studio C.  We had to rate the performances and give feedback. It was so fun!!  But none of the sketches we saw have been on tv yet.  Some of them were SO funny!
And a random sunset by the school?  

Oh, here's my results from that half marathon.  I won my age group!
Here's Katelyn in the second act, she was the love interest of the hero, Richmond I think??  She did a good job acting her first flirty and falling in love scenes!  Especially with the guy she acted with- he's a wild crazy flirty kid a year older than her.  seems pretty nice though.

On the left she and Richmond are kneeling in prayer together before he goes to battle, and on the right Richard the villain captured her.

She and Richmond (Brady) bowing at the end.  And with Owen and Eric on set.  Such a fun show!!

I'm glad she could spend 2 weeks of her summer doing something she loves!
 

1 comment:

  1. GO KATELYN!!! GO WHITNEY!!!! I LOVE that they have each found their own thing for for you for helping them try lots of things over the years.

    Also Eric's shirt!! My ski buddies call me dad??? Adorable! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete