Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Triathlon!!


This picture represents a big and important part of our summer. I convinced Katelyn and Whitney to train for a mini triathlon this summer, shocker! Katelyn was lured by the promise of a new bike, and Whitney I think just didn't want to be outdone by her siblings! We did one run, one bike, and one swim each week and it was AWESOME. I absolutely loved it. They tolerated the swims, enjoyed the biking, and hated the runs lol, but they DID IT!! Pics of the race to follow, but for now I just like this view. Me and Emma behind the kids (Owen rocked the bike riding, with and then without training wheels!) and Maris trying to keep up with them just running, the cutie. I loved the family bonding that came with this training, and I secretly hope we can do it again some year!
Image may contain: one or more people, people riding bicycles, bicycle and outdoor

Swim 125meters. Bike 4miles. Run 1.5miles. I'm so proud of my girls for competing in a triathlon today! They totally rocked it. Eric and I did the bike and run with them and it was so fun. I'm so happy they both conquered their individual challenges (Whitney- biking, Katelyn-physical activity in general lol) to complete something HARD and have at least a little fun doing it. I LOVED every minute haha and it was so fun for me to create their training program and coach them this summer! #kate #whit #paysonregiontriathlon














 They both finished in under an hour, Kate about 2 minutes ahead of Whitney. I think that's what motivated her the last mile, beating Whitney! They both did so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment