Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Temple Photo Shoot!

Derek and Raycelan's temple marriage ceremony was beautiful.  The Spirit is so powerful when covenants are being made, and especially when the Sealing Power of the Priesthood is used for this ultimate covenant that encompasses all other covenants!  Like I've said before, I wouldn't miss it for anything-- seeing my brother be sealed to his wife, in company with my other brothers and sisters and their spouses and my parents and grandparents... I get choked up just thinking about it.  It is literally heaven on earth. Worth every sacrifice to be there- for us- and every sacrifice of Derek and Raycelan's to be worthy to kneel at that altar.  It is why we're here!!  So cool. 

So we all come out of the temple spiritually renewed, and of course the new couple was radiant and overcome with joy!!


 The kids shyly greeted their beautiful new aunt, and got big hugs from uncle Derek. :)
 Owen and Caleb were adorable, even though they kept running off to climb things!
 Then we had them take a picture with all the nieces and nephews, and it was hilarious!  
 Derek and Raycelan with their future 12 children??  LOL.
The kids were all ADORABLE, the girls in their frilly pink with flowers in their hair, and the boys looking sharp in their bow ties!  
 There are so many of us!!  It's a little crazy and chaotic when we're all together, but I love it!!
 Maris was a champ. About everything.
 I love this!
 And this!  "How did we get here?!?" "I brought you here sir, for I am Spartacus."  Haha, gotta love That Thing You Do.  But really, how did we get here?  Just the other year I had a bunch of little brothers and sisters, and now we are all adults and they are all SO COOL and I love being FRIENDS with them.
 The photographer told us to laugh, so Derek told us a joke...
 and it worked!  Donny guessed the punchline, it was perfect.
 aww, we love our brother!
 and now there's two sister-in-laws!
 I really wanted to take a cute picture with Eric to re-enact our wedding pictures from 11 1/2 years ago.  These photo credits go to Melissa, she is awesome! ( the family ones were Karl!)
I'm like "come on Eric, it won't be so bad"
 and you can see form his look and stance that he has something in mind...
 Suddenly he grabbed me, and I was laughing obviously!


 oh brother, hahaha!  Okay I kind of like him. :)


 Then he was silly for another minute. 
 Before giving me a couple of nice, normal ones. :)

 Jonathan is hilarious, letting himself get totally mauled by his nieces and nephews!

 Cute Kate, she loves this bright sweater I got her.
 Cute sisters, with Great-Grandma and Grandpa in the background.
 Owen kept getting dangerously close to the water haha.
And then suddenly it was time to hurry to Madera and get ready for the wedding dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment