Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yearly Stats

Just realized I never posted about the girls' 5- and 7-year-old checkups and Owen's 15-month check-up (when he was actually 16 months.)

I just think it's interesting to look at their stats.  

Katelyn, age 7 
54 lbs  (70th percentile)
52.5 in (98th percentile) 
So in the last year she gained 6 lbs and grew 3.25 inches.
I was excited that her weight finally passed her height!  Because last year at age 6 she was 51 lbs and 51 inches, which I thought was pretty cool.  But as you will see below, Whitney's height and weight have equalized at age 5, a year earlier than Katelyn!  So it will be interesting to see when Owen equalizes... I love looking at stats like that for my kids. 
(Side note- a couple of weeks ago when Katelyn was sick we went to the doctor and they measured her at 53 lbs and 53 inches- she had lost a pound from not eating much for like 4 days, and apparently had grown a half inch??  So unfortunately she had equalized again- not good!  She's okay now though and has probably gained it back.)

Whitney, age 5
44 lbs (74th percentile)
43.5 in  (70th percentile)
So in the last year she gained 6 lbs and grew 2.75 inches.  I think it's funny that Kate and Whitney both gained and grew about the same amount this past year!  And I love how Whitney's my only "normal" child so far.  She looks so solid and muscly to me- because she's not super skinny like her siblings!  They are all adorable and I really shouldn't be comparing their body types so much.  I hope I do it in a positive, "everyone is different and beautiful" way, because that's how I truly feel- as long as you are taking good care of your body, you can rejoice in the body God gave you!

Owen, at age 16 months
23 lbs 2 oz (47th percentile) 
32 in (69th percentile)
So in the last year (from 4-16 months old) he gained only 6.5 pounds and grew 6 inches!  No wonder he's so SKINNY!  The hilarious part is, he maxxed out at the 94th percentile for weight when he was 2 months old- he was 15 lbs 4 oz!  Then his percentiles dropped off slowly until, between 9 months and 14 months he only gained half a pound!  Want to guess what happened in that time?? That's right, he walked at 10 months.  And became the non-stop mover that he is today.  Luckily between 14 and 16 months he did gain a little over a pound, so he's back on a normal growth curve and we're not concerned. :)

Anyway, fun for me to see and probably no one else, haha. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment