Monday, May 13, 2013

update on my fitness :)

Since you're all dying to know... I did it!  Met my goal.  I lost 10 pounds in 3 months!  The first month I upped my exercise and just tried to be smarter about my eating, and I started tracking my food but didn't worry if I went over because I was still nursing Owen.  The next 2 months (March and April) I was super strict about staying under my allotted calories and tracking everything, I finished nursing Owen, and upped my exercise a little more.  By the end of April I had lost 10 pounds!  So now I'm trying to lose 3 or 4 more, just to have a little cushion, but I'm not being very strict.  I'm still tracking my food most of the time, because that really helps me be accountable.  But I take one or two days off per week, when I'm really busy or it's a holiday (like Whitney's birthday or mother's day!).  Also I'm counting on my increased running over the next 6 weeks until the Ragnar to help me out with those couple of pounds.
Anyway, I just wanted to say, "I did it!!"  because back in January I was not confident that I would be able to lose 10 pounds- at least not that quickly!  (Well it seemed quick to me- I have so much more sympathy now for people who have a lot to lose!  It's hard work!)  So I'm pretty proud of myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment