Thursday, May 20, 2010

Katrina's California Wedding Reception

It was so, so, so fun. (You're right Melissa, I do like to say things in 3's...) As Donny said "I really wanted to talk to EVERYONE there!" Okay maybe not totally true for me, but it was great. It was at my Dad's (okay the Church's) Raisin Vineyard, and who would have thought it would actually look nice and charming and be PERFECT for Katrina's reception? Well Katrina did and my mom helped carry out her vision and it WORKED. It looked so cool and the weather was beautiful.
sunset at the vineyard, taken by Brian Reed- can't take credit for that one!
the tractor lit up!
a view of the crowd
our photogenic girl
my cute bridesmaid sisters
Katrina and Phillip with the grapevines!


And the girls just loved Grandpa Jamie's tractors and spent lots of time on them!

Kate looking cute on a tractor
with the bride and a tractor
silly laughing girls on a tractor
WHitney saying "dun-DUN!" Here I am!
Whit, Kate and Natalie did a LOT of dancing that night! And in their dresses as nieces of the bride it was just adorable. We love this funny action shot of Whitney!
Whitney with Aunt Jenae's flowers
I love this picture that the wonderful Brian Reed took of Eric and I, since we NEVER take pictures of ourselves anymore.
And more importantly I love Eric! several times while we were in California he took care of the girls and Natalie while Allison and I tried to help with things- and also as we just chatted with mom or our other siblings- I didn't even realize how much I wasn't taking care of my children until Eric brought it to my attention. :) After which I really tried to shape up! I'm so grateful that that's just the way he is, quietly stepping in whenever and wherever he's needed. And I'm also grateful that he forgives me when I take him for granted. We had so much fun together on this trip, I just love to be with him 24/7. Vacations are the best.
One last thing, we got to talk to Derek and Jonathan, my twin brothers who are serving missions, on Mother's Day when they called my mom. It was SO COOL. To hear their cute voices, to hear them joke around and then bear their testimonies, I just love them and I'm so proud of them.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry i missed you while you were in Cali. I didn't even hear about the reception until after. OH well! Maybe next time. Glad you had a good trip. Katrina looked gorgeous out at the vineyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! The vineyard looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete