Sunday, October 4, 2009

Returned with Honor

My brother Donny came home from his mission to Mexico this week! So after not seeing him for 2 years, he and Katrina and I were reunited in a very cool way. He and my other 2 brothers Derek (leaving on his own mission in 10 days!) and Jonathan and my dad were driving up here for General Conference this weekend and we all wanted to go to the temple together. It ended up that the only way it would work was if we met them in Manti on the way up. So Thursday I picked up Katrina and we went! ( Eric stayed with the girls so we wouldn't have to get a babysitter for such a long trip!) We met at the temple and didn't see Donny until we were all inside already dressed in white, it was like heaven! Such a wonderful way to spend time together! ANd it was my first time going to the temple with Derek, and the Manti temple is AMAZING, so beautiful. And then the whole way home I got to listen to Katrina and Donny swap mission stories, SO fun. I can't wait until next weekend when we're all together!
We missed you Allison, Melissa, Jenae and Mom!
The girls got a real treat this weekend, 4 new playmates! And they had a BLAST! It was especially cool to spend time with my dad in such a relaxed atmosphere. He is usually working so hard at home. But here he made salsa and cleaned my kitchen, studied all my plants, read to the girls, and was in on the next adventure below...
Probably the most memorable thing we did while they were here was an impromptu acting out of the Book of Mormon story about Nephi getting the brass plates. Katelyn loves to act out that story right now, so she asked everyone if they would, and of course they were up for it! So Katelyn assigned the parts: Nephi- Jonathan, Laman and Lemuel- Katelyn and Whitney, Sam- Donny, Lehi- Grandpa Jamie, Laban- Derek, and Zoram- me. (Eric was at work) It was HILARIOUS of course! Here is Jonathan and a headless Laban!
here is an AWESOME acting job by Donny and kate! This is when they saw Nephi dressed as Laban walking with Zoram. So great.
Basically we had a great time playing and going to the BYU game (the boys) and listening to the prophet and apostles speak. It meant so much to me that each of the boys took time to play with my girls, all the time! They were SO cute with them and I wish I had taken more pictures. What lucky girls I have, they have so many uncles and aunts who love them!! I guess that makes up for the fact that they only have 1 1/2 cousins so far. :)

A cute shot of Kate and Whitney relaxing on Eric while watching conference in our family room.

5 comments:

  1. i'm SO GLAD they got to come to your house! now you can have memories of them there forever (well as long as you live there). good times with the BoM story reinactments. and the picture of katelyn and donny is PRICELESS!!! and you are right about dad, that must have been awesome! wow and the temple trip! such good times! that was so thoughtful of you to schedule jonathan an appointment too =o] you are a great sister! can't wait to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for posting pictures right away. I am so glad they went. Thanks for having them come. I think they needed the time together too. only slightly jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my kids LOVE having such fun aunts and unlces, too. one of the perks of being the oldest of a big family, right? :)

    looks like it was a fun weekend. your girls are so cute. and i love the idea of acting out the book of mormon stories. we'll have to incorporate that into our FHE activities...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend. How awesome that you met at the temple, and I'll make it to Manti one day.

    That's hilarious that Katelyn assigned herself as one of the wicked brothers.

    ReplyDelete