Thursday, October 15, 2009

Disneyland!

We just got back from an awesome week in California! We had SUCH a great time with my family, which will be my next post. We also went down to Allison and Kent's house and spent a day at Disneyland with Allison and Natalie as our tour guides! Yay for the happiest place on earth, we had a nearly perfect day there- spending almost 11 hours in the park with no naps and only one meltdown per child?? Amazing! here are the highlights.
entering the park!
Obviously the rides were our favorite part. If you want to do Disneyland in only one day, October is the time to go! We went on 15 rides, saw 2 shows, and went to the petting zoo. Our favorites were:
The Rockets! We were afraid this might be too fast for the girls, but they liked it!
Dumbo was a HUGE hit!! Thanks Allison for taking so many great pictures for us!

as was climbing on the fake dumbo afterward.
the teacups were great of course
And the girls were delighted with It's a Small World! What a fun ride seen through the eyes of children! Eric and I both just remembered it as not great based on our 18-year-old perceptions (the last time each of us went to Disneyland) but it was so cool with the girls. Especially the last part, like heaven all in white!
The AWESOME Finding Nemo ride! A little scary, but we love Nemo!
Eric and I went on 2 rides by ourselves, woo-hoo! Here is Thunder mountain, not as thrilling as I remembered it, but fun. :)

Allison took all 3 girls (and she's 5 months pregnant- she's the best!) on the train around the park and to the petting zoo while we went on our rides. Here's Whitney with some kind of goat? She loves animals!!
Then they got to meet Woody and color together! My girls wouldn't go near Woody of course, so we have no pictures of that. :)
We did enjoy a couple of other characters though- I love how the girls are just staring at Mickey. Natalie ran right into his arms!
Whitney got a stuffed Squirt from Finding Nemo as her souvenir, she LOVES it and kept hugging, kissing, and talking sweetly to it all day. Kate got a Mickey Mouse.
Some of our other favorite moments were:
takin' a break
the funny things the girls did while waiting in line, they loved to climb on everything!
Whitney waving goodbye to Disneyland as we walked down Main St. on our way out :)
And the girls conked out immediately once we got back into Allison's car for the ride home! Then we adults crashed on the couch talking and laughing for a while before bed- a perfect day!


4 comments:

  1. Rebecca -- looks like such a great trip! Disneyland is a blast! Random question -- my friend is throwing a baby shower for me in UT next month, and I wondered if I could get your address to send you an invitation? You can email me at mindylemieux@gmail.com if you'd prefer that method :) Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun long day. I don't know if I'd attempt Disneyland with two kids--way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a perfect day. thanks for the memories!! hooray for cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I agree... October is a GREAT month to go to Disneyland! I went with my mom the past two years in a row... we missed this year though I am missing it. Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete