Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hansen "family reunion"

This is the last California post. Let me just say that it was WONDERFUL for my entire family to be together, for the only time in this 4+ year period when 4 of my siblings have served/are serving/will serve missions. There were several times when we would all just be sitting around talking, it was so nice. And we did my favorite thing, sing together, for about an hour Sunday night. We made some great memories, to last us until we're all together again!

So here are my favorite pictures from the trip that I haven't posted yet. Right when we were leaving our house, I turned around to the girls and asked if they were excited to be going on our big trip to California. These were their reactions:
Love them! Katelyn kept saying "California here we come!!"
Katelyn and Whitney love all their aunts and uncles. Kate keeps talking about funny things she did with them. Here are their goodbye pictures with Uncle Derek, we will really miss him!!!
Derek is so much fun.
Jonathan is so sweet to the girls.
We got to see Melissa play water polo, and she even scored a goal while we were there! She's so awesome.
We saw Jenae race too, and she does a great job being the closest-in-age aunt to her nieces.
Eric and the girls during picture taking.
cousin fun! I love that they all have the same color hair.
even more cousin fun at our picnic after taking pictures.
Whitney loves to hang from things, she's so funny.
Kent and Allison brought Rock Band for us to enjoy, and let me tell you, it was a hit! They set it up in Derek and Donny's room, and the band Eric-Derek-Donny-Kent played for hours! It was HILARIOUS to listen to them taking turns being the singer. My family was amazed at Eric singing loud and crazy- obviously I've seen him like that many times but it was still funny to me too. This was when me, Dad, and Katrina tried the instruments for the first time and Derek was singing "Spirit in the Sky", SO funny. Man we're going to miss that kid.
Donny and Eric concentrating seriously, and Katelyn and Natalie with their own instruments singing and dancing too, it was great. I love that Eric is so comfortable with my family! I guess we have been married for a while now...
What a great trip. I am so grateful to be sealed to my family and know we'll be together forever.

1 comment: