Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PJ pants

I love to sew.  But my repertoire only includes my own creations- stockings, scripture bags, t-shirt quilts, happy birthday signs, etc.  The last time I sewed something from a pattern was when I was ten. My mom gave me a pajama pattern for my birthday a YEAR and a half ago, and I finally decided to get over my fear of patterns and make me and my girls some matching PJ capri pants.  It has been so fun, and even though I've made many blunders, I've discovered that sewing with a pattern isn't that different from making up your own stuff.  At least for me, it still involves a lot of creativity and problem solving!  So here they are, Whitney's are the far right, and yes Katelyn's ended up more like bermuda shorts. And yes Katelyn and Whitney's waists are about the same around.  :)
I'll get a picture of us wearing them when it gets warm again, and when my girls get better.  They are sick and not in picture-taking mood. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pj's! I've been mustering up the courage to make some for a while... and still haven't done it yet. How fun that will be for you guys to wear as the weather gets warmer. What's the pattern that you used? They turned out great; you should be proud of yourself, Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great PJ pants and great job on making them yourself! And wow, you have some gorgeous girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Rebecca, you've got talent! Those are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!!! Ü You inspire me... I really need to do better at using my sewing machine for more than the very occassional project. I really want to make that Happy Birthday banner that you have... how did you make that again??

    Anyway, you rock!
    Love, Tiff Ü
    PS- Hope your sickies get well soon! Sarah was sick Monday through Friday last week!! She's better, but then Jimmy and I got it over the weekend- yuck. It looks like things are looking up though. Good luck to you guys!!

    ReplyDelete