Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love to see the Temple!

Okay I can't get these pictures to switch spots.  Anyway, I wanted to post church stuff together.  First, I have been the Young Women's "Sports Director" for a couple of months now, and it has been so fun!!  This is my basketball team, sporting the sweet headbands I made them.  I sewed on different things each week if they won or lost, and for some reason they loved it.  Our last game was today, and we ended 1-3 but it was fun.  I love young womens and I know it's my destiny to serve there someday!  I'm okay with not going to mutual and girls camp right now though with my young children.

We went to the Draper Temple Open House yesterday, and it was wonderful!  The temple is gorgeous inside, all this beautiful wood and paintings, and the Celestial Room is SO SO tall it feels like you can really see up to heaven, it's amazing.  The girls did great and we were so happy that Katelyn could see the inside of a temple.  She won't remember it when she's older, but she'll at least remember it for the next few months.

me and Whitney waiting to go in- love her big bottom lip!
Katelyn in the tunnel before we went in, she was SO excited!  She had been really excited for a few days.  She was actually quiet most of the time inside, so I don't have any good quotes from her.  But it was great.


1 comment:

  1. I love temple open houses. What a great memory for Katelyn to have.

    ReplyDelete