Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Heart....

Here are a few things I have loved this last week. Turns out I didn't miss the Olympics too much after all.
1. I heart the Harveys! Kristi, James and Matt came for a visit! Once Katelyn got over her posessiveness the kids had a great time, and Kristi and I got to talk for hours. Wonderful!

2. I heart our backyard! This is what Eric and Katelyn have been doing every night since LONG before the summer began and it was actually warm enough to be out there:
they race and swing and wrestle and laugh and it's just as fun for me to watch!

3. I heart BYU Football! Okay so we did watch like 4 football games this weekend, and we did pay extra to get the Mountain channel when we didn't think we would have to... but BYU football is the best! Go Cougars! I need to get a video of Katelyn singing the fight song...
4. I heart city celebrations! This weekend was Payson Onion Days. So Saturday we went to Payson City Park to the free kids' fair, they had all these fun activities and games and Kate got to play on the playground and see the fire engines' house and it was great fun. Here she is with her prizes.Then Monday was the parade- it rained all night Sunday but we decided to go since it was "clearing up"... here's Eric and the girls waiting for the parade to start. Once Katelyn could see it coming she kept jumping up and down and saying "oh my goodness gracious!"
Whitney was happy even though it was cold.
Sadly 5 minutes after the parade started it started POURING rain and we retreated to the overhang of the building behind us.
Many parade float riders just piled into their trucks, or huddled under tarps shivering, we saw some poor little girl dancers who looked miserable! But the high school bands and the bagpipers, pictured below, went on playing! It was so fun, they kept going even when it hailed for a minute, everyone was cheering.
Maybe you can't tell, but it was raining REALLY hard!
Anyway it was fun! So that's what we've been up to lately.



1 comment:

  1. Your BYU shirts are so cute!! I need to get a few new shirts for my kiddos... their's are a wee bit on the "snug side" from last year! Ü I love all the everyday moments you captured here. And yeah!!! for dad's playing with kids out in the yard... that's one of my personal FAVORITES!!! Its so fun to see how much fun they're having and its a wonderful break- win, win! Eric's such a great dad.

    ReplyDelete