Monday, September 15, 2008

future artist

I have to issue a ***brag alert*** on this post! but I think my daughter is a gifted artist at the age of two :) We tried watercolor painting for the first time this weekend and not only did she LOVE it, she created some masterpieces.
She's been attempting to draw people with crayons for a while, but I guess she had more control with the paintbrush and she painted two pictures of our family!
in the one on the left she had asked me to draw dad, so I started with a circle head and then she took the paintbrush back and filled in "eyebrows, cheeks, mouth, ears, eyes" (that all got blended together!) and then legs and arms sprouted out of his head too. I painted head circles for me, her and Whitney on that page, but then the one on the right she did everything herself. I was just so amazed and proud :) And yes you might be able to spot Lightning McQueen in the picture on the left. He is part of our family, and yes, I painted him. But she did the wheels.
In other news Katelyn REALLY wanted to carry Whitney down to the toy room Saturday night. Whitney was a good sport.
And lastly, Katelyn's new favorite word is "chilly" as in "I think I need to put on a jacket, it's a little bit chilly out there." Fall is here, whether we like it or not!

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!!! she should totally come over and share some ideas with me. hehe i was actually surprised at how good those pictures were!!! way to go kate! Ü

    ReplyDelete