Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Random March happenings and Ice Skating

Cute girls wearing the dresses I made for their big sisters for Donny and Christine's wedding 9 years ago!
I finally finished Emma's quilt, made out of her old crib bumper plus a few of my favorite of her old baby clothes!  So cute. She is LOVING sharing a room and bunkbed with Maris.

Maris wanted to go on a date with me, and we picked a service activity to do!  handing out food from the Salvation Army on a freezing Friday morning in March.  She worked hard counting out fruit snacks and other foods to give to poor people. It was very sweet. 
Kate got a real hair cut!  It turned out super cute.  And here she is performing her comedic monologue for the Region (and later State) Drama Competitions.
Owen taking a belated 3rd grade pic in his giant class of 2030 t-shirt.
Emma enjoying a minute on the track after helping me with timing the kids at the school.
Cute Maris dressing up in her hat and fake glasses!
Emma learned how to ride her bike as a 3 year old!! Just a couple of weeks before her 4th birthday, but still.  We were so amazed!  That strider bike really helped her learn to balance, and once she got the pedaling down she was good to go! So cute.
Emma was finally old enough to try ice skating and she loved it!  And I was finally free to take the adult class- with Katelyn who had aged out of normal levels.  It was HARD but way fun!  Katelyn is way better than me and really enjoyed that I think LOL. Maris rocked level 1 and Owen had a super fun teacher and did great in level 3. 
Emma insisted on wearing her bike pads, it was pretty adorable. Maris and Owen are almost better than me too.  Only my years of roller skating with Allison, making up routines for the Olympics, have kept me ahead of them!

Me and Katelyn doing our big circle swizzles.

As long as kids want to do it, I guess I will keep doing one skating session per year!
 

1 comment:

  1. KAtelyn! Gorgeous! I cannot handle them as teenagers, it's still so weird to me!

    ReplyDelete