Wednesday, October 19, 2016

1st half of summer

Since I'm so behind, here are my random events captured on camera from June and July.

This sunset was incredible.


Pictures of our rappelling trip from Eric's phone:

We did some high ones!  So fun!
My friends wanted to all pitch in and rent this for a day, and they convinced me to put it in my yard. :)

It was WAY fun and may need to become a tradition!
Over the summer I did "Mom classes" for the kids a couple of times a week.  I offered several choices and they got to pick. Sadly no one picked my Hairstyles 101 class. :( 
This was one of the projects in Sewing 101: potholders for the girls and a button bookmark for Owen.
We had Little Kids Art Class (with Maris in the morning) and Big Kid Art Class (while Maris slept in the afternoon). Most of the time the girls joined the little kid class for fun and Owen tried the big kid stuff.  It was so fun and actually not stressful for me. I even got to do a little art therapy and was surprised by how calming it is for me to paint! 
Celery stamping fish.
This was one of the best: bubble hydrangeas.
4th of July art classes.  Little kid: fireworks with cut toilet paper tubes. Big Kid: Glue-salt-watercolor painting. More Mom Class stuff in the other summer post to come!
One of our once-a-week swimming outings was with the MacKays!  Super fun.




I straightened Maris' hair for the first time, it is adorable!
But she is also just generally adorable.
We also went to Colonial Days with the MacKays.


4th of July coming in a separate post!

1 comment:

  1. "No one chose hairstyling 101" sad, but I'm cracking up, too. I love the idea of mom class!! So cute! And what a good idea for bored summer days! You're awesome

    ReplyDelete