Thursday, December 3, 2015

The return of the blog!

Um, okay, wow.  Apparently I don't blog anymore??  I guess I just kind of forgot how behind I was. :)  But now I"m thinking about Christmas and making another blog book, and I would like the months of October and November to be featured in it.  Plus tons of great stuff happens every day and week and I take a fair amount of pictures of it... so I would really like it to be documented forever on here!  Even if no one reads it anymore because we see all of our family members like every month now it seems-- which is great obviously!  But I digress.  Here's where we left off.

Halloween Activities.

 Took the kids to Jakers Pumpkin Patch while Eric was on a campout.  Not the smartest because we had a hard time getting the pumpkins to the car, but thanks to Katelyn's resourcefulness climbing over the hay bale fence and me handing them to her, we made it!
Anyway it was fun.  I let the kids take turns choosing which activity we went to .  Here's Owen's hay bale maze:



 Whitney picked the petting zoo of course, and got to pet a kangaroo!

 She really does love animals.  And this pig was GIANT!
 Then Kate picked the corn pit!!  Such a funny/gross/odd thing!

 silly ostriches.
 Owen trying to copy haha.

As you will see in the end of this post, it was the year of many costume ideas.  Here was one of Owen's.
 Dad helped him make this great Batman pumpkin!!
 I made Maris a cat.
 And unlike I think any of our other kids at her age, Maris LOVED the pumpkin guts!  She wouldn't stop playing with them!  So funny.

 Whitney made a cute face.

 And Katelyn tried to be real artistic with hers!
 For school the day before Halloween they could only dress up as things they were learning about in school.  So Whitney was a butterfly,
 and Katelyn was a medieval princess. :)
 New ward= new Halloween traditions!  We have never been in a ward that does a Halloween party on actual Halloween!  It was pretty fun though.
We ended up kind of dressing up in pairs:
Bruce Wayne and Spiderman,
 baby Jedi and Darth Vader,
 and McGonogall and Hermione. :)

 Kate and Brett ( a boy in my Primary class) were matching Darth Vaders :)
 Maris was obviously thrilled with the candy and kept asking for her bucket "buttet"
 Then she had a hilarious jumping around on the couch sugar high!
 Pics from before the party:

 My facebook post:
Happy Halloween! It's been the year of costume changes. Kate went from pirate to Darth Vader, Whitney was going to be a Japanese princess but switched to McGonagall for year 2. At the last minute Owen wanted to be Spider-Man instead of Batman, and I couldn't find the monkey costume for Maris and she refused to wear the elephant one so she ended up being a baby Jedi! Eric was Bruce Wayne and I got to be Hermione. I might be Hermione every year from now on haha!
 And Owen's candy organizing the Monday after. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment