Monday, February 2, 2015

Poop adventures.

I have to document a couple of those horrible-yet-funny moments we've had lately.
The first was on a Wednesday night: bath night.  Don't judge; I only bathe my kids twice a week.  Unfortuately the middle of the week coincides with Eric's scout night, so he is usually not there while I'm trying to get all 4 kids through the bath/shower.  And Katelyn's the only one who is completely self-sufficient. (except when she occasionally doesn't rinse the whole front half of her hair...)  So anyway.  I've got Owen in one bath, Whitney's running water in the other bath and Katelyn's stepping into the shower. I get Owen out, and Maris is sitting by us as I lotion him and put on his pajamas.  I pick Maris up to take her in and get HER bath started (she's still using the baby bathtub), and notice her diaper has exploded up her back and onto the rug.  So I'm gingerly carrying her back to the bathroom and I say "Owen!  can you bring me the baby wipes??" He's like, "Sure!" then a second later"how many do we need?" Me: "just bring the whole pack, we're going to need a lot!" So I'm stripping her down and trying to start some new bath water, and it's not getting hot, not getting hot, ooh those dang girls, they used up all the hot water!  so I run into the other bathroom yelling at them, holding a still-poopy Maris at arms length, and katelyn is in the corner of the shower shivering with still soapy hair "my shower's so cold!" while Whitney's in a steaming hot bath like "I didn't know! don't touch me with her poop!" So I run back to the other bathroom to find Owen has pulled out a huge mountain of wipes, like half the pack-- I guess I did say we'd need a lot! So now I'm trying to get the diaper off Maris and clean her up and show Owen how to use the rest of the wipes to clean the cupboard or something....and she totally pees all over me and the floor and the rug!  By now I'm just laughing.  We got Maris into Whitney's bath, got Katelyn out of her freezing shower, and then everyone into pajamas, hair brushed, I cleaned up the pee and poop and rugs and floor and clothes.  It all took like an hour haha.  And the lesson is, don't let Whitney run her own bathwater in my big bathtub unless she goes last!
The other one I'll take from facebook: Grrr, that's the FOURTH time in the last WEEK that Maris has had a nasty blowout RIGHT when we are about to leave to go somewhere. Like the other kids are in the car and I'm grabbing her to take her out and I'm like "dang it, again!?!" But this time I didn't notice until I had already put her in the car seat and I pulled the strap out from under her and it was covered in poop!! Ewwww! There was no time to deal with it so I wiped the strap off as best I could with a nearby Kleenex and buckled her and we were off to school! Now I have to disassemble the whole dang car seat to clean everything... anyone know if the plastic parts of a car seat strap are dishwasher safe? Lol‪#‎adventuresinparenting‬ ‪#‎awfultiminggirl‬

Life is exciting! :)

1 comment:

  1. I was seriously crying reading this. Laugh crying that is. I love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete