Thursday, June 6, 2013

Little Things

Whitney is finally starting to say her "r"s at the end of words, it's SO cute to hear her trying and even doing it accidentally sometimes.  That's how I noticed it, she said "go fastER!" when we were driving a couple of weeks ago, instead of "go fastoh", and I was like "whoa!  Whitney!  You just said '-ER'!"   Then I had her say a bunch of other words to practice.  It has been so cute though, I"m totally going to miss her Brooklyn accent!  But it's also cute to HEAR her growing up.  Don't worry, she still says Hamily Foam Eveling :)

A couple of other Whitney quotes:
Whitney, while making a map of her favorite places:"...and the Eiffel Leaning Tower of Pizza..." 

also "Mom, since it's such a Holy day today, we don't have to do a 5-minute pickup??" 


and the other day, when I was telling her to think of what Jesus would do if one of His friends was annoying Him- "Kids just aren't as good as Jesus, Mom."


She just cracks us up.  


Then today Katelyn cleaned the whole toy room just so we could get out the trains "for Owen".  Then she played with them forever while he was taking a nap, and it took me back to my little girl who LOVED trains!  I started humming the Thomas the Train songs and she remembered all the trains' names and it was so cute.  My little Katie!  So then all 3 kids had a great time playing with the trains and tracks. :)


Oh and I'd better tell the Rectangular Prism Story of Kate's.  So a few weeks ago we were making some frosting for Whitney's birthday, and I asked Katelyn to put 3 cubes of butter in the Kitchenaid.  Then I got distracted and when I came back a couple of minutes later I looked in the bowl and there were one and a half sticks of butter in there.  Very confused, I said "Katelyn, I asked you to put 3 WHOLE things of butter in there...(looking at her quizzically)" and she said "MO-om, you should have said '3 rectangular prisms' of butter!"  And at that point it clicked that she HAD put in 3 cubes- One and a half rectangles equals 3 cubes!  All I could do was laugh and shake my head and say"You're right, you are just too smart for me Katelyn!"  3 Rectangular Prisms, oh my.  I guess I need to brush up on my math vocabulary. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment