Friday, March 30, 2012

CA trip day 1

We got to Madera on Thursday night, so this is Friday. All day you could feel the excitement building, as the girls played with their cousins on the trampoline and one by one everyone arrived! Friday evening was the wedding dinner- here are my two favorite boys!

And right before the dinner came one of my favorite moments of the trip- Jenae was the last to arrive at the church, she came from an FFA competition. So once I saw her there, I knew we were all together for the first time! I ran and grabbed my other siblings out of the kitchen and the cultural hall and we gathered in the hallway for a group hug! What a cool moment. Melissa was like " is this really all of us??" and it's true, when we're all together it doesn't seem like that many people. It just feels right. It just feels like one big whole. :) Melissa and Jenae started saying "we are here, we are here, we are here!" (from their play, see below) So here was our "we're all here!" picture at the dinner. I love how Derek's ridiculously taller than the rest of us!
The dinner was fun and we told good stories about Donny and Christine, and then most of us headed off to see Melissa and Jenae in the school musical "Seussical"! Melissa had a lead role- Gertrude McFuzz, and she was so awesome!! SHe had all these solos and duets and her voice is amazing and her acting was hilarious and did I mention that incredible hairdo? We have singing along to the soundtrack ever since and I wish I could see it again! Just to see my sister shine some more!
Jenae was a giraffe in the ensemble and she looked amazing and really acted like a giraffe well! Here she is up on top, and Melissa's in the bottom corner.
Kate wearing her giraffe ears
such a great play! we loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment