Friday, May 8, 2009

tree!!

Eric got us a beautiful shade tree "for Mother's Day".  I was SO EXCITED, we've been dying for more shade in our backyard.  It's an Autumn Blaze Maple, this is what it should look like in the fall!  I've always wanted a beautiful tree! 
Here's what it looks like now, the leaves are just coming out so it will be fuller.  It's huge!! Comparatively- see pics below.  At least I'll be able to sit in it's shade with the girls, barely. :)
I had Katelyn take pictures next to the other trees in our backyard just for some perspective.  Our apple tree:
The tree planted by the former owners:
Exciting stuff that I never thought I'd get so excited about!

2 comments:

  1. Such a thoughtful gift! Happy Mother's Day to you...hope your day is extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so thoughtful of Eric!

    Rebecca I know you like to run. We're training for a 5k. (Benjamin's going to run it and my Dr. says I can slowly walk it:) Do you want to run it with us? It's going to be here in Draper.

    Here's the website with more info.
    http://www.helptaylor.com/
    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete