Monday, August 11, 2008

our trip to California!!

We got to spend last week with my family, it was wonderful. A little quiet with Donny and Katrina on missions and Jonathan at EFY part of the time, but so fun. Whitney's so friendly and Kate's so hilarious right now, so I think my family enjoyed themselves too. :) Here are some pics.

Few of you may know that I had a pencil collection when I was little. I spent a bunch of time last week going through the last of my "stuff" my mom has been keeping for me. So we took this picture, and then I gave most of my pencils to my sisters. Yay.
Kate at my dad's vineyard. We feasted on so many delicious grapes last week!
My girls' only cousin!! They really did have fun together. Natalie's so cute and Katelyn LOVED to talk to her and delighted at all the things she could do. "she's crawlin!" "she's drinking out of a cup!" and of course she screamed when Natalie touched her Lightning McQueen.
we went to the coast for my mom's family reunion and my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary party!
it was SO FUN to be with everyone!
Kate just wanted to roll around in the sand at the beach.


me and Allison and our kids!
Melissa and Derek showing Katelyn how to bury her feet
watching Jenae "catch a wave"
in a whole my aunt Shawna dug

hanging out by the fire before we had s'mores!
the next day at our picnic at the park- uncle Jonathan won Katelyn over pretty quickly!
Grandma and Grandpa Hansen with their 3 granddaughters!
My Grandmom and Grandad with their 7 great-grandchildren! Yes, 4 out of the 7 are crying in this picture. And 4 out of 7 are under a year old, so cute.
Whitney, Natalie, and Katelyn one more time!
and look what appeared in our garden while we were gone! Our first crookneck squash, cucumber, and 2nd and 3rd zuchinis. Delicious.






4 comments:

  1. Hey Rebecca, this is Melissa Campbell (Davis). I wish we could have seen you when you were here. We were also in SLO last weekend. Anyways, I love the blog and your cute little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip. I love the generation pictures. And congrats on the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time. And hooray for gardens- it's so satisfying eating things straight from the back yard. Your girls are just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man what fun pictures! i'm glad you got to go through your stuff at mom's house- sad i couldn't be there to see all the funny trinkets. natalie looks weird or is screaming in like every picture, but her cousins are cuter anyway =o] i just can't get over what a great time they had together! i wish we lived closer! and oh man those fresh veggies look good!
    ps katelyn's elmo version of the bug book from grandma are soon to be coming your way... =o]

    ReplyDelete