Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Snow and New Years Eve

 Two days after Christmas we had a huge storm!  Feet of snow! Here's the kids enjoying "colorful snow" by dumping juice on the snow and then eating it.


Whit playing in the snow fort she/Owen/Eric made of all the snow from our driveway!  And more snow eating.


Making smaller forts for the little girls.
Owen and Whitney in their snow cave- that did not completely melt until mid-March!
digging and packing the snow cave.

Owen getting a "drink break" from digging, and Maris and Emma with their fort.

Initial digging and packing.
I went on a gorgeous run that morning before the snow fort-making, while it was still snowing.
See the ice on the river? It was like a slushy! And I got to break a path on the un-plowed river trail in my snow spikes! Also all the trees were hanging low and made it an obstacle course!

My eyelashes got white, and then here's when I came upon a paved section. Look how deep!!
New years Eve!  We had a quiet game night at home.  Owen is not pictured, he was on the floor.  It was Maris' first year staying up to midnight!!  
Also not pictured, Eric and I had a fun anniversary date to Ruth's Chris and a movie. Happy 18 years!
Peace out 2021, it was a great year!!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU'RE ALMOST CAUGHT UP!!!
    And the snow is GORGEOUS!!! I felt kind of guilty both times it snowed in TX since I've lived here because it caused problems for a lot of people but I was in heaven!!! I really miss the snow!

    ReplyDelete