Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Summer Week 1! Featuring Kannarraville Falls: the Second Edition

Katelyn and Whitney got to go to Girls Camp!! So exciting after everything was cancelled last year. 1st and 3rd year when it should have been the 2nd and 4th, but it's okay.
While they were at camp, the 3 younger kids did a little volleyball camp.  It was so fun!! Here's Owen setting and Emma waiting for the ball. I didn't get a good picture of Maris but she loved it too.

As soon as the girls were home, we headed to St. George for Ryder's baptism.  On the way we stopped and hiked Kannaraville Falls- we had gotten the passes a while before. We had tried this hike when Maris was a baby- in February- and this time we were much more successful!  Older kids and warmer water made it great. We still had a rocky start, since the first half mile is uphill.  But we powered through and it was definitely worth it.

Starting to walk in the water!  And the narrows part!





Maris with her pink rock :)

We were brave and climbed the ladder!

And made it through to the second narrows...



And the waterslide!!  The 3 older kids were brave and did it!  Here's Owen soaked and Whitney doing it. Both Kate and Owen surprised me and did it with no warning so I didn't get a picture!

Going down the ladder- a little dicey!!
In St. George we shared an airbnb with my parents, it was super fun! Here's the girls playing on the pacman machine with my dad.
Ryder's baptism was awesome, Katrina gave a really inspiring talk.  Owen and Ryder were best buds, so fun. They had a great time at the reservoir pretending to be a warship and squirting people.




We love the Cravens!
 

1 comment:

  1. That hike is beautiful! I keep meaning to MP you for tips for hiking/being outside in the wilderness/camping with little kids!! I LOVE nature and now that I'm feeling more like myself mentally, and more comfortable with TX nature, I want to try again but I've never really done it with kids!

    ReplyDelete