Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Whitney's Harry Potter Birthday Party!

We were all SO excited to do another Harry Potter party!  Such good times.  This party ended up being different in some ways from Katelyn's, it was cool to have some differences.
I borrowed some fun decorations from an awesome party-planning friend, and we made a bunch.
Whitney wanted brownies instead of cake!
We had Diagon Alley in our garage:
Kate loved being Ollivander of course: "The wand chooses the wizard, I always say, but you get to choose your own wand today!" is the line she came up with haha.
Spellbooks:
And Whitney wanted everyone to get to choose a magical pet instead of getting glasses/house scarves. Fun and easier than making all those scarves!!

TOns of magical goodies: butterbeer, Every Flavor Beans, Chocolate Frogs, and Acid Pops.
Hogwarts Great Hall Decorations!

My little blond Harry who insisted on dressing up for the party!
The party kids at platform 9 3/4!  Sulice, Ryan, Aiden, Addi, Marjorie, Rachel, Porter, then front row Phebe and Whitney!  With a photo bomb by Owen.
Going through Platform 9 3/4.
Excitement before the sorting, and I stink at taking pictures!!
Whitney getting sorted.

Kate did EXCELLENT as the voice of the sorting hat!!  I gave her a printout of each house's characteristics and who Whitney wanted in each house and she winged it perfectly!!

Then we had Potions class!  We decided to do drinkable potions, and printed some ideas off the internet and bought the supplies, it was AWESOME.  A HUGE hit!

All the ingredients had super cool authentic names, it was so cool. I was in heaven too haha.

The kids had so much fun measuring and mixing and getting grossed out and trying their drinks!




It was so fun that I let every one try a second potion. One sad thing is that none of the stuff I bought turned out very fizzy, too bad!
Then we practiced some spells....
Before going outside for the obstacle course!  Which included banishing dementors with the Expecto Patronum spell!


And rescuing your partner like inthe triwizard task.
Then we had the cake!
And the kids broke into Spanish Happy Birthday after the English version, it was hilarious!  Most of them are in Whitney's dual immersion class.


Then we played Quidditch!



And opened presents.
I love my Owen.  And Maris slept through the whole party, bless her.
Happy Birthday to my Whitney Mae!!! I adore her even though she drives me a little bit crazy!!
P.S. A few more decorations: Kate did these in the bathroom lol.

And I ran out of time to do the dishes so I made this awesome sign!  I found it amusing anyway!
And I printed a few more things like this and hung them around. :)
It was so great.


And lastly, these are my mother's day cards. here's my Facebook post about it.
So many sweet things from Mother's Day. Katelyn woke up early (which is a big deal!) and made me breakfast in bed(toast and a glass of ice water lol, but that's a normal breakfast for me so she did good!) Then Eric got up and made me muffins. Then Kate and Whitney gave me the cute and sincere and perfectly-reflective-of-their-personality cards they made in school. While I was reading them Owen suddenly ran out of the room, and came back a few minutes later with the most precious piece of paper. He had written his name(the only thing he knows how to write) and a heart, I'd never seen him draw a heart before! So sweet. I'll be keeping that forever! And the others. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment