Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I love to see the Temple!

I remember over 4 years ago when this temple was announced I was at the library and everyone was looking it up and it was so exciting and I cried.  I couldn't believe we were going to get a temple in our backyard!  Now we are a few minutes farther away, but it is still our closest temple.  As long as the girls can remember, and for Owen's whole life, we have been talking about going inside this temple.  Every time we got on the freeway we would see it and many times I sang the song!  We watched it be built. I threw the kids in the car and rushed to Payson when I heard the Angel Moroni was going up-- I was super sick pregnant with Maris (this was pre-Zofran) but I made it happen because I wnated the kids to have that moment.  Owen used to ask to drive by the temple all the time.  And frequently I sing " I love to see the Payson temple" to make the kids laugh.
This is our temple.
And it was finally time to go inside!!!


 We all loved the open house except Whitney, who couldn't get over the itchy booties and complained the whole time. :(  It was beautiful beyond description, and peaceful.  We got to be alone a few times as a family and just whisper about things.

I am so grateful to have this temple so close to us.










Also, Owen is obsessed with fire hydrants.  He points them out everywhere we go!
And I got to go to the temple with Raycelan when she got her endowment, it was so beautiful and special!  She and Derek are adorable.  This is a bad picture of Kent, Allison, Raycelan, Derek, me, and Jonathan at the Oquirrh Mountain temple.  But one of the best parts was definitely when we all thought Jonathan wasn't coming because he had to work, but then he just showed up in the endowment room right before they started!  He had gotten an ride with Raycelan's roommate, funny kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment