Friday, June 20, 2014

Becoming a family of 6!

June is flashing past in a blur of snuggly baby, feeding and burping and diapers and putting on cute baby clothes, holding little baby hands and feet and kissing those big cheeks!  There has been a lot of reading to Owen while feeding Maris, a lot of putting her down in her little chair so I can deal with fights and disobedience and all the other normal stuff.  I'm getting used to my new sleep schedule and my body is beginning the slow transition back to normal shape.  I just can't believe she used to fit inside me, she's not really any bigger than she was 2 weeks ago but it seems impossible!  And now she's 2 weeks old- I know I'm going to blink and she'll be a year old!  So I'm trying to take it easy and enjoy this precious time that will never come again. :)

Now to tell about Maris meeting her family!  When she was about 4 hours old, Uncle Kurtis brought the kids to the hospital.  Owen got the first turn with her:
 finding her little toes!  He kept saying she was so cute, but he pretty quickly wanted to go home.  it was all a little weird for him!
 First picture with all 4 kids!
 We are now a family of 6!
 Whitney is in LOVE!  She wants to hold Maris all the time, and whenever she's awake Whitney is right there talking to her.
 Kate with her newest little sister!
 Super cute picture with Uncle Kurtis
 Owen singing to Maris for the first time before they left to go home for the night.  Sadly Eric started feeling sick right about then- he had a fever and sore throat for the next few days= not cool!  But he was a champ, being patient with the kids and helping me be happy and adoring his new little baby girl.
 Owen's first time holding her by himself.
 Later that first night my mom arrived!
 and Uncle Derek stopped by!
 Then I got to spend the night alone with my girl.  Special times.

 We decided to go home the next day, I didn't need another night of nurses taking my vitals!  The hospital staff seemed a little freaked out to let us go after "only 24 hours", but we felt like we'd been there forever!  So after a visit from Grandma Murray and Aunt Elizabeth (I didn't take any pictures!) and a nice afternoon without the kids (thanks mom!) we got ready to go.  As soon as I put on these clothes I almost died of cuteness, she was a real little person!  And the skinny jeans were baggy on her little chicken legs haha!
 We drove home and it was official, she was part of the family.

She got to come home to her own cute room, full of the owl stuff I made for her, still painted green, the color Katelyn and Eric picked out when Katelyn was 2 years old. :)




And her name!  I don't think I ever explained it on the blog.  
It's Maris Amanda Murray.
Maris means "of the sea" which I love.  Eric and I love the beach, and it has played a role in our love story.  Before Eric's mission we said we would go to the beach together when he got home.  And we ended up going- for our honeymoon 5 months after he got back!  We've gotten to go to Hawaii a couple of times with his family and had a magical time, and we took an amazing vacation to the beach in Mexico a couple of years ago.  The beach is a happy place for us, so knowing that her name means "of the sea" just makes me happy. :)  We've liked the name for a while, but we were a little unsure about using such an uncommon name.  We only know one other person in the world named Maris- a teenage girl in our ward (who happens to be really awesome- worth emulating!) but in the end we decided to embrace it's uniqueness.  Also we liked the name combo- Maris is close to Mary and Amanda is my mom's middle name, so our Maris has a name connection with both her grandmothers. :)
 Laying in her new bed.  It took her a few nights to get the hang of sleeping in it (thank you mom for saving me by holding her for those nights so I could sleep!) but now she's doing great at sleeping by herself in between feedings.  
More to come about our beautiful girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment